This post may contain affiliate links for products that I endorse and use. If you buy from one of the links, I earn a commission at no cost to you.
Fruit is my favorite part of summer. Well, one of the only things I like about summer, but that’s another story.
One of my favorite summer fruits are cherries, specifically the tart variety you usually find in pies
, but I’m also a fan of berries in any variety. I’ve made these fruit crisps with both, and both are delicious.
These mini crisps are perfect for a portion sized treat, and topped with a scoop of your favorite ice cream (I used Jeni’s Skillet Cinnamon Roll
this time, and it was perfection!) it makes a nice summer dessert.
If you have fresh fruit, you can definitely use it or you can use any summer fruit you get from your farmer’s market. Berries, peaches, plums — all work well. Just make sure if it’s frozen that you thaw it out first.
Mini Summer Fruit Crisps
- 3 cups in season fruit, chopped, pitted, thawed if frozen
- ¼ cup sugar, more if you want your crisp to be super sweet
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 stick (4 ounces) butter, melted
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Colima Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Toss the fruit with the sugar, cornstarch, vanilla, and lemon juice. Stir until fruit is well coated.
- Put 4 ramekins on a baking sheet. Fill each one with the prepared fruit.
- Mix the topping ingredients in a bowl until combined. Sprinkle on top of the fruit, pressing down.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until top is lightly browned and fruit is bubbly. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Serve warm, topped with ice cream if desired.