This post may contain affiliate links for products that I endorse and use. If you buy from one of the links, I earn a commission at no cost to you.
I’m not gonna lie — I love avocado toast. There are just so many different ways you can eat it, that it’s pretty hard to get tired of it. You can change bread, toppings, seasonings. As long as there’s creamy avocado involved it works.
In this case, I used this bread
, and then smashed the avocado with some garlic and lemon juice. The toppings were some odds and ends I had in the fridge — specifically kalamata olives, sweet cherry peppers, and sun dried tomatoes, but I would imagine artichokes, roasted garlic, or feta cheese would be divine here. At the end — and this is important — a sprinkling of coarse, crunchy sea salt
This makes a fast and easy lunch, and it seems healthier than the coffee and doughnuts
that I want to eat some days. So that’s a win in my book.
Mediterranean Avocado Toast
- 4 slices hearty bread of your choice
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 10 kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 6 cherry peppers, halved
- 4 sun dried tomatoes, sliced
- Colima Sea Salt or other crunchy, coarse salt
- Toast the bread.
- Smash your avocado with the garlic and lemon juice, and spread on toasted bread.
- Top with olives, peppers, and tomatoes. Sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Serve and enjoy!