This post may contain affiliate links for products that I endorse and use. If you buy from one of the links, I earn a commission at no cost to you.
I love weeknight dinners that feel glamorous and fancy, but in actuality come together quickly with few ingredients and even fewer dishes.
Pasta is one of those things, especially filled pasta like ravioli
. In this case, I didn’t make it myself because that definitely takes it up a notch. But it’s still delicious, I promise.
I love the combination of butter and lemon here, and if you are inclined to let the butter brown a bit, well, that’s even better. A mild green veggie like asparagus makes it feel somewhat nutritious, and fresh basil adds a bright summery flair.
Just before serving, I sprinkled with breadcrumbs
to add texture, and then followed up with some fresh grated Parmesan. Perfection!
Lemon Butter Cheese Ravioli
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch asparagus, chopped
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- ½ cup white wine or broth
- 10 ounces cheese ravioli, cooked according the directions on the package
- Fresh basil leaves
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Lemon Basil Breadcrumbs, optional
- Melt the butter in large, deep skillet over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook until softened, add the garlic and asparagus and cook for another minute until asparagus is tender.
- Add the lemon and wine, season with salt and pepper, and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the ravioli and continue cooking until heated through.
- Serve with fresh basil, Parmesan, and breadcrumbs if desired.