This post may contain affiliate links for products that I endorse and use. If you buy from one of the links, I earn a commission at no cost to you.
I cook a lot, and will often take on complicated dishes, but there is something to be said about something that you can bring together in a few minutes that tastes like it took all day.
Like shrimp scampi. It’s something you might only order in restaurants, but you can make it at home, and it really only does take a few minutes. Cook your pasta, and before it’s done, your shrimp is done. For real.
The longest part of this was defrosting the shrimp, which, because they’re small, only takes a couple minutes under cold water.
Then, cook in butter and garlic, and toss with hot pasta. The only thing to watch out for here is to make sure not to overcook the shrimp.
You’ll be amazed.
Easy Shrimp Scampi
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound peeled and deveined shrimp
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon roasted pepper flakes
- ¼ cup white wine
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Linguini or fettuccini noodles, cooked
- Fresh chopped parsley
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add the shrimp and cook for about 1-2 minutes per side, until pink. Remove from pan.
- Turn the heat to low, add the butter and pepper flakes. Cook for a minute, add the wine and lemon juice. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the noodles and shrimp back to the pan and toss to coat until the shrimp is hot.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.