This post may contain affiliate links for products that I endorse and use. If you buy from one of the links, I earn a commission at no cost to you.
I am not a vegan, but I like to try vegan dishes, and especially vegan desserts
. If I can make them myself and it’s easy, that’s a win in my book. Even better if it’s super impressive, filled with chocolate, and topped with fresh berries. Like this one.
I made this for a friend’s birthday, and it was a big hit. It was gone before I could even get a picture of a slice.
This comes together super fast, and requires no baking, and not much prep work. So if you’re looking for something you can make during the summer, it’s perfect. Especially with super sweet raspberries. You’ll need a tart pan
and the best chocolate you can get your hands on. I used Scharffen Berger Bittersweet
and it was perfect if you like dark chocolate. The raspberry jam in the filling will sweeten it up a bit so it’s not too bitter. Instead you end up with something rich and chocolatey.
I used hazelnut flour in the crust, because I like the combo of hazelnut and chocolate, but I think almond flour would work fine here. The important thing is to use the best ingredients you can find, since there aren’t many. A dusting of powdered sugar at the end, and you’re done.
Chocolate Hazelnut Raspberry Tart
- 1½ cups hazelnut flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon Colima Sea Salt, crumbled a bit with your fingers
- ½ cup full fat coconut milk
- 6 ounces finely chopped dark chocolate
- ½ cup raspberry preserves
- 2 pints fresh raspberries
- Powdered sugar, for serving
- Brush a tart pan with coconut oil.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the crust ingredients. Stir until well mixed and press evenly into the tart pan.
- In a separate bowl, add the chocolate. Put the coconut milk in a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Pour over the chocolate, let sit for a minute or two and stir until chocolate is melted. Stir until cream and add the preserves and stir well.
- Pour the filling into the tart pan and top with the raspberries. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Dust with powdered sugar before serving.