My go to salad base is a combination of Romaine and finely shredded kale, but occasionally I branch out, as I did here. This one includes cabbage, spinach, Romaine, and a mixed bag of Brussels sprouts, kale, and cabbage I got at Trader Joe’s. It’s crunchy, flavorful, and super nutritious. Other green things I added here are green onions, cilantro, and mint. Chop it all up and toss in a big bowl with peppers, and carrot ribbons, and it’s a big rainbow.
You can add whatever veggies you like, and even some tofu or chicken for protein. I’ve also made this same salad with brown rice noodles and that came out pretty amazing too. It’s super customizable, so whatever you have or like can go into it. Just make sure to add plenty of roasted peanuts and toss it all together with the peanut dressing.
- 4 cups baby spinach, chopped
- 1 head Romaine lettuce, thinly sliced
- 2 cups finely shredded cabbage or coleslaw mix, or combination
- 1 carrot, sliced into ribbons with a veggie peeler
- 1 cup sliced bell peppers, any color
- 1 small bunch mint, chopped
- 1 small bunch cilantro, chopped
- 5 green onions, sliced
- ½ cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1 recipe Easy Peanut Sauce
- Put all of the veggies, herbs, and peanuts in a large bowl and toss with the dressing.
- Serve immediately.