This post may contain affiliate links for products that I endorse and use. If you buy from one of the links, I earn a commission at no cost to you.
I’ve been going through old recipes recently to get some inspiration lately, and in doing so I’ve made a few old favorites that I haven’t thought about in a while. Like this one.
This is a simple dish that is healthy and filling, and it utilizes one of my favorite veggies: eggplant. I’m always amazed when I talk to people and find out that the only way they’ve really eaten eggplant is eggplant parmesan
. Don’t get me wrong — that’s a delicious dish, but there are so many other ways to use this summer vegetable that it’s easy to forget sometimes when the alternative is tomato sauce and cheese. So this is me, not forgetting, and vowing to use this veggie more this summer.
I like to eat this in two ways — first, hot over rice or quinoa for dinner, and then the next day at room temperature with crackers or in a pita. It’s got a lot going on — tons of fresh herbs, salty feta, and toasted almonds for crunch. It’s also easy enough that you can make it on a weeknight for an amazing vegetarian meal.
Roasted Eggplant Salad with Feta and Quinoa
- 2 eggplants, cut into cubes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 bunch mint leaves, chopped
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- ½ cup toasted almonds, rough chopped
- ½ cup crumbled feta
- Cooked quinoa, for serving
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spread a layer of paper towels on a clean surface and spread the eggplant on top. Sprinkle with salt and let stand for 5 minutes. Pat dry and toss the eggplant with the olive oil, vinegar, honey, spices, and garlic. Spread on a baking sheet.
- Roast the eggplant until browned and caramelized, 30-40 minutes.
- Put the lemon juice, soy sauce, mint leaves, parsley, almonds and feta in a large bowl. Remove the eggplant from the oven, add it to the bowl and toss.
- Serve over quinoa.